Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2006 7:18:23 PM EDT
How is this tube removed and installed? Are there any special wrenches needed?

Thanks,

Gunzer
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
My vmatch required me to burn out some shit, most likely lock-tite.  Then use an action block, strap wrench and vise.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
What about the locking nut? Do you just torque on the whole thing with a strap wrench or does the locking nut have to be loosened first?

Can anyone be a little more specific?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Haha, the dreaded Bushy varminter floater!  The one I worked on had the tube epoxied to the the barrel nut.   Heat the area of the tube up that goes over the nut.  Use a strap wrench to loosen it and pull it off.  

FYI, the gas block of the one I worked on was epoxied on as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah, if it is a newer Bushy the tube and barrel nut may be one solid piece....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What about the locking nut? Do you just torque on the whole thing with a strap wrench or does the locking nut have to be loosened first?

Can anyone be a little more specific?

Thanks

sorry....burn out gas block epoxy/loc-tite...remove along with gas tube

I am pretty sure that the tube is one piece.  So heat it until the smoke slows.  Then torque it off with the strap wrench.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I've always wondered what held the gas block on the varminter.  I though it was pressed.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top