Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 11:06:55 PM EDT
What's the difference between these two types of Bushmaster receivers?  One starts with L, the other with BFI.  Also I noticed the BFI receiver is slightly tighter in the magwell.  Are both being made, or has one replaced another?

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:10:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Both are still in production.

"L" marked BM lowers are made by LAR manufacturing. I have not been able to verify who makes "BFI" marked BM lowers? BM claims they make those in house and maybe they do but I kind of doubt it.

As far as the role marks. The one you see on the "L" marked lower is considered the old emblem. All "L" lowers and older "BFI" marked lowers have them emblem. Only "BFI" lowers have the newer emblem but I can't tell you when "BFI" lowers started using the new emblem?

As far as the tight mag well, that's just luck of the draw. It's not a "BFI" thing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:47:59 AM EDT
[#2]
i have both and they are equally good.

supposedly one is made by one company for bushmaster and the other is made by bushmaster, but i dont know for sure nor do i care much to find out.

at one point in time a dealer told me that the "L" prefix lowes were pre-bans but i think the guy was full of it
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:01:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Patrolman's Carbine that according to Bushmaster was made in May 2005 and it has
a "L" prefix on the serial number. The fit and finish is excellent but the mag well is a little tight.
I had to adjust some of my mags to get them to drop free all the time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:20:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I've herad that either Ruger or some Alcoa plant was forging the rough lower for them.  Then Bushmaster had their own machinery for milling down and completeing the lowers.  Didn't know LAR was doing it for them.  If I have to venture a guess, BFI maybe the in house one.  I like both lowers, but one seems to be smiling more.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#5]
It looks like its wearing a condom on its tail!

Never could figure out why they went with that pic....Bushmaster snakes don't have rattles.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#6]
A picture of a Cobra like the one on a Mustang would have looked better.
Although that probably copyrighted by Ford and it's not a Bushmaster snake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top