Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/19/2008 10:56:11 AM EST
Picked this fella up today...while I was there, I also picked up a baby brother for my G23 (the G27 at the bottom of the picture)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3048/2683375956_1379a89cc7_o.jpg
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:11:38 AM EST
how do you like that rifle? thats the model I have been looking at and I'm considering ordering one very soon unless I hear something bad about it
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:37:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By bmoody:
how do you like that rifle? thats the model I have been looking at and I'm considering ordering one very soon unless I hear something bad about it

hard to go wrong with a BM, I think you'll be pleased.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:48:25 AM EST
I've had my Bushmaster Modular for almost a year now. I've made some slight changes to it to make it my medium distance precision shooter. It is kind of heavy to begin with but since I'm shooting if off the bench, I doesn't matter. It is expensive for the OEM parts that is utilized (Yankee Hill Machine) but it gets the job done. I did change out the rear BUIS as the original one was too tall when folded when I installed my Leupold Mark 4 scope. The thing that I like about the carbine is the fluted barrel which sets it apart from the other AR-15 rifles I've seen a the range and the free float forearm. Accuracy is better than what I can shoot and quality is fine. I've never had any issues with it and the carrier key is staked on well. I've had over 1K round through it coming up to 2K rounds. Sorry, don't have any photos of it at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:33:15 AM EST
now, i picked up my Mod for a song so i can't bitch about the price. well, yeah i can, it's a lot of green for what you get.

Bushy must spend a bit more time to put these together or the guy who builds them likes his job. when compared to my other Bushy rifles and those of some friends, the mod's fit and finish is better. two of my friends also have Mods and it's the same story across the board. i'm not sure what's going on with the barrel but it's hard to beat that thing. 3/4" to 1 1/4" are the norm, if i'm not F'n around.

some free advice: if you want a Mod get one it's a good choice. if you plan to build up your rifle and swap out parts then skip it. it costs way too much to just throw parts away. if you do build it up the extra Mod parts have a way of forming into another rifle.

i have replaced almost every original BM part to include the trigger, BCG, ch, buffer tube/stock and buffer, rail, sights, gas block, the list goes on.......

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:36:19 AM EST
I have had one for about 3 years now and it is with out a doubt my go to gun. Here are a few downsides to it - the BUIS are not very good quality and the YHM rail that they use is one of the heaviest that YHM makes(almost 15 oz!!). By switching to the DD 9.0 rail, I got a rail that's 2" longer and 6 oz lighter.

I have done quite a few mods to it to get it right where I want it, but it is now exactly what I want it to be. Here is what I have done to it:
Chrome bolt carrier
ACE M4 SOCOM stock
Daniel Defense 9.0 lite rail
Daniel Defense lo pro gas block
Troy BUIS (front and back)
Larue FUG
TA01NSN in a Larue mount with a RDPII on top
It is well balanced and incredibly light with the ACOG off.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:02:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By SMOKINSTEEL:
I have had one for about 3 years now and it is with out a doubt my go to gun. Here are a few downsides to it - the BUIS are not very good quality and the YHM rail that they use is one of the heaviest that YHM makes(almost 15 oz!!). By switching to the DD 9.0 rail, I got a rail that's 2" longer and 6 oz lighter.

I have done quite a few mods to it to get it right where I want it, but it is now exactly what I want it to be. Here is what I have done to it:
Chrome bolt carrier
ACE M4 SOCOM stock
Daniel Defense 9.0 lite rail
Daniel Defense lo pro gas block
Troy BUIS (front and back)
Larue FUG
TA01NSN in a Larue mount with a RDPII on top
It is well balanced and incredibly light with the ACOG off.

pics? did you use the stock gas block?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:12:07 PM EST
I'm looking for one to leave mostly stock with the option of adding a reflex sight later. I do wish they came with the detachable carry handle but I'll probably just end up buying one separately. Heard a lot of good things about the flip-up sights as well. Looks like this will be my next purchase
Link Posted: 8/10/2008 3:37:11 AM EST
report:

the wife and i took it to a local outdoor range recently. she isn't much into guns...but when she took the first shot, i couldn't feed her enough ammo.

oh and i loved it too. shot it in with the iron sights, put the eotech 557 on it got that lined up. then went and played on the 100 yard line. very impressive!

had my camera phone with me, however, neglected to take any pics of the event.
Top Top