Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/10/2006 5:50:33 PM EDT
I have a 16" Bushmaster, with a factory installed Mini Y COMP muzzle brake, that I would like to remove. It was installed with high strength Loctite and a taper pin.

Is it possible to remove this myself, with heat, or will it need to go to a gunsmith.

I might want to have a IZZY flash supressor added, since the barrel has been factory drilled for the taper pin. Bushmaster has these but I don't know if it is something that can be done at home or if a smith needs to do it.

Thanks,
Leonard
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:52:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:14:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:27:01 PM EDT
Sent my bushy with comp to a local gunsmith to have removed and install a phantom FS. When I talked to him a few days later, he mentioned that he was going to increase the price next time for the service since it's a huge pain in tha ass to remove the pin from the mini comp. YMMV, but I figured I did well for only paying $30.

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:39:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stormspotter:
I have a 16" Bushmaster, with a factory installed Mini Y COMP muzzle brake, that I would like to remove. It was installed with high strength Loctite and a taper pin.

Is it possible to remove this myself, with heat, or will it need to go to a gunsmith.

I might want to have a IZZY flash supressor added, since the barrel has been factory drilled for the taper pin. Bushmaster has these but I don't know if it is something that can be done at home or if a smith needs to do it.

Thanks,
Leonard

I had a Bushy 14.5" M4 barrel with the permanently attached Mini-Y comp. I could have removed it myself, but I needed to have a Phantom permanently installed in its place. It was easier to take it to ADCO. They did a great job and two-day turnaround. Well worth the money it cost.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:37:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Manx:

Originally Posted By stormspotter:

Thanks,
Leonard

I had a Bushy 14.5" M4 barrel with the permanently attached Mini-Y comp. I could have removed it myself, but I needed to have a Phantom permanently installed in its place. It was easier to take send it to ADCO. They did a great job and two-day turnaround. Well worth the money it cost.

Ditto!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:50:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:09:23 AM EDT
+1 for ADCO

Max
Top Top