Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2006 2:18:25 PM EDT
What do you guys think?  Any range reports?  Reviews? Photos?

I remember CDNN had them for $799.00 many months ago, I'm hoping they carry them again because I might buy one.  The only thing I wish it had was the Fat M4 handguard but I can live with the regular handguard.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Well for $18 from ADCO you have have fat handguards...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a bushy m4, collapsible stock, m4 cut in barrel, etc. I don't know if it is a LEO or not, it's not marked. I really like mine, after having to send it back right after I bought it because the front sight was canted causing you to have to put the rear windage adjustment all the way to one side to zero the gun. They fixed it, but at the time it pissed me off after having spent that kind of money and then having to send it back to the factory and wait 2-3 weeks to get it back. Mine is the 14.5 inch barrel with perm. izzy bringing it to legal 16. I also have a colt 6920 M4 and I can say neither one has ever given me any problems. The bushmaster was a lot cheaper and other than the name, you don't get a lot more with the colt. Mine is the A-2 upper, fixed handguard, not a lot that can go wrong. NO optics, rails, light, nothing. All in all, pretty accurate and reliable and a lot  of fun to shoot. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well for $18 from ADCO you have have fat handguards...

those would be the R4 handgaurds.. :)
for the record  :)
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Bushy M4A3 for a duty rifle. It's a 14.5" F/A (department owned). I've been real pleased with it. I've put a lot of rounds through it. I've been very pleased with the fit, function and finish.

The only two problems I've had with it are:
1)  A small crack developed in the extractor. I noticed it before it became a problem while cleaning it. Bushmaster had a replacement to me in 2 days.

2)   Recently the gas key on the top of the bolt carrier has gotten loose. This I have temporarily taken care of myself. If it persists I'll have an armorer look at it, and see about staking them down better.

I have put a good number of rounds through this rifle, and have no complaints. It works well for CQB, and I can still hit the 300 meter targets on the military qual courses we sometimes fire.

When I start shopping for my next personally owned rifle, it most likely will be another Bushmaster.

Stay Safe, Shoot Straight. Remember, 2 to the body, 1 to the head, repeat as needed.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a Bushy LE M4A3 w/ the 1:7 14.5" (special ordered it from Bushy)
Never had any issues, sold the upper and used the lower for my Varminter.

I sold my Bushy upper after finishing my Colt LE6921HB (LE6921HB upper on a LE6920 lower)

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top