Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2004 9:09:43 PM EDT
Does it matter what direction the ports on my Izzy break are facing?  They are not on a vertical and horizontal axis.  They point at the 1, 7, 11, & 5 o'clock positions.  Is this O.K. ?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't own an Izzy brake but your installation sounds like you got it right. As long as you don't have a port at 6 o'clock.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:01:51 AM EDT
[#2]
From the Bushmaster website...
---------------
"A new 5.56mm/.223 Caliber Muzzle Brake – designed right here at Bushmaster – has now been production approved by the BATF. It features four gas ports and a machine turned ribbed design. It is manufactured of quality gun barrel 4140 steel with a manganese phosphate finish, and has proven to be very effective in controlling muzzle rise. Overall length is 2 3/16”. It can be installed without regard to Port location (timing) and will still be effective, however most are installed with ports positioned at 12 - 3 - 6 - 9 o'clock. Slip-on/taper pinned version for Post-Ban barrels (requires factory installation or professional gunsmithing to drill and install the taper pin). .700" diameter at step-down

An internally threaded “Pre-Ban” model for use with Pre-Ban/L.E. threaded barrels is also available"
------------------------------

I indexed mine at 12 oclock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top