Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/21/2004 11:37:17 AM EST
Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding a new bushy I've been working on lately.

First, how in the heck do I remove the stock buffer tube (fiberlite collapsable style stock)? I have already torn the nipple off of a DPMS buffer tube wrench trying to unscrew the darn lock nut. I'm guessing it must be staked on or else that is the strongest LOC-TITE on the planet. Please advise if you've experienced such a beast.

Second, what is the proper tecnique to use when installing a threaded A2 flash suppressor? Do I need to use a specific torque value? Do I need to use LOC-TITE or anti-sieze or something else? Is there a trick to getting the A2 non-birdcage portion of the suppressor to line up on the bottom side of the barrel?

Thanks in advance,
marlboro
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:20:52 AM EST
Remember lefty loosey righty tighty (from the back of the rifle)

Ok now on to the fix. If you have a heat gun (looks like a HD hair dryer) heat the lock ring this will get any loc-tite moving. Don't cook the hell out of it, just enough to get it warm/hot. Hopefully someone din't use the red loc-tite on it if so you will have to cook the hell out of it to break the thread locker. I don't know that that may do to your finish on the receiver though (some one chime in here).
Top Top