Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2003 1:00:40 PM EDT
Hello Everyone

Long time lurker here, first time to post.

I currently have a Bushmaster DCM that I am thinking of selling. I recently got into prairie dog shooting and need a rifle suitable for that. The open sites of the DCM just don't cut it.  I thought about getting a flat top upper for the DCM but for the same amount as a good upper I could get a nice bolt action, plus I hate to bastardize the DCM like that.  I also thought about putting a scope on top of the carry handle but it just felt to high.

So my questions are:
1) What would this gun be worth?  I has had maybe 200 rounds through it and is in very good shape all the original stuff that came with it plus a couple of other magazines.

2) From what I understand I do not need an FFL to sell the rifle, only the buyer needs to supply this to me?  Do I understand this correctly?  I don't want to do anything wrong here.

3) Other than this site where would one list a gun for sale?  I can't put it in the paper as they won't take gun ads from individuals here in Denver.

4) What other gun would you all recommend for prairie  dog hunting?  I was thinking of the following models Remington 700 VSSF, Savage 12FVSS or the Browning A-Bolt Varmint Stalker, all in .223.

5) Anything else I should be considering or thinking about before getting rid of the DCM?

Thanks
Joe
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
What it's worth:
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/dcm/pcwa2s20dcm8.asp[/url]
What you need:
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/post-ban/purvmb24fvar9.asp[/url]

Why not have both?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought about getting the new upper from Bushmaster but at over $700 I was a little put off. If I do this I only end up with 1 1/2 guns (one lower and two uppers) and I have around $2000 invested. Not sure if that is the smartest thing to do or not.  For the same $700+ I could get a whole complete bolt action rifle.  I am tempted however since I like the DCM so much.

Thanks
Joe
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top