Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2006 5:43:21 PM EDT
I posted this in the AR pistol section and haven't gotten any feedback.

Can you guy's help?

Tell me why or why I shouldn't get a Bushmaster Carbon 15 9mm pistol.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one several weeks back myself. It has been flawless in performance using any ammo from 115gr to 147gr FMJ or hollow point. I have about 700 rds fired in mine. Accuracy is good for a 7inch barrel 9mm . At about 40 yards it prints around 2 inch groups with my shooting could maybe be better of a more soild bench than I have and paper plates at 75 to 100 yards are pretty easy with my eotech 551 attached to hit. Both the factory promag and colt 32rd mags work flawess in the gun. I am going to SBR mine and add a suppressor when the paper work gets back. I would not spend the extra money on this pistol if I didn't think it performed well  and wouldn't last a long time. Everyone that see's and shoots it thinks it is bad***. Franky When holding one in person I beleive it to be the coolest looking firearm I have ever owned. It looks like a MP5 /Ar15 cross subgun and if you like the Pics of it in person it looks much better. It's not as light as the carbon rifles though which surpised me alittle but its not heavy by no means. Since seeing mine the there has been  a few people trying to order one at my local gun store. They are hard to find the local store owner has only found 1 at his wholesellers and ordered it for a friend yesterday. I figure they are just new out and wholesellers will get more stock in soon. I was looking for a 9mm gun to SBR and use suppressor on and was heading for a MP5 PDW and desided to give a AR15 9mm a chance since you can mount optics much better and price was alot cheaper. I am glad I went this route the rasied rail is great for the eotech with back up sights build in. I think I will also buy a RRA 9mm flat top pistol and SBR it also later this year.    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Phantom223/ar15pics004.jpg   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Phantom223/ar15pics002.jpg    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Phantom223/treads009.jpg
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Kinda what I was thinking but without the suppressor. MO. doesn't a;;ow those yet. You've got to keep us posted on the SBR. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is great and runs like a champ. I'd say get one for sure.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, that's better than I thought they'd turn out as SBR's. I take it that the "203" handgaurd comes off pretty easily? Can you add a lower rail like the 5.56 one?

Again, very nice. I'm sold.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#5]
   Nobody-really, Have you added a suppressor to yours yet? I saw where you were thinking about doing it also on you SBR post. I have two suppressors ordered and an trying to find some good 147gr hollow point ammo that will stay subsonic in the 7.5 inch barrel. So far through through my chronograph the factory hornday XTP 147 shot 1150+fps and the Ranger 147gr SXT 147 shot around 1100FPS also. Thats no good for a suppressor when you don't what supersonic crack. 147gr silvertips shot about 980FPS and the load is listed to be the same FPS as the ranger 147gr SXT ????. American eagle 147 FMJ flatpoints shot  around 980FPS also.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wow, that's better than I thought they'd turn out as SBR's. I take it that the "203" handgaurd comes off pretty easily? Can you add a lower rail like the 5.56 one?

Again, very nice. I'm sold.

The M203 handguard comes off very easy. All you have to do is remove the two screws on the bottom on the handguard and it comes off.

I plan on getting the rail and all the other accessories like on the .223 gun. It should fit on but I will need to tap the hole larger to mount the rail. The fact is you will want to re-tap the rail mount holes and use a Helicoil anyway. It is just aluminum and it’s stronger to have a Helicoil insert installed.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
   Nobody-really, Have you added a suppressor to yours yet? I saw where you were thinking about doing it also on you SBR post. I have two suppressors ordered and an trying to find some good 147gr hollow point ammo that will stay subsonic in the 7.5 inch barrel. So far through through my chronograph the factory hornday XTP 147 shot 1150+fps and the Ranger 147gr SXT 147 shot around 1100FPS also. Thats no good for a suppressor when you don't what supersonic crack. 147gr silvertips shot about 980FPS and the load is listed to be the same FPS as the ranger 147gr SXT ????. American eagle 147 FMJ flatpoints shot  around 980FPS also.

I'll be ordering one next week for it. I wanted to wait till I got a larger order to put in with ACC. Funny thing is I was planning to use the Winchester 147 grain Ranger ammo with it. But I have not run it through a chronograph yet. I know that with my suppressed handguns the 147 rangers are much quieter than the other 9mm ammo I use (Black Hills 124 grain +P). I just need it quiet enough to not do hearing damage when used inside without hearing protection.

If you want to go real quiet send a carbon 15 upper to Gemtech to have them build their Trinity Colt 9mm upper with it. That would be a sweet setup and with a 5 inch barrel keep velocity down more then the 7+ inch of the stock Carbon 15 9mm upper. I’m going to build one later maybe in the summer.

Remember Winchester uses a different powder for the Ranger line of ammo, to attenuate the muzzle flash.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope the 147gr SXT Ranger  at 1100+ FPS  is just my chonograph not working right. That is the ammo I planned on using to and I have about 2500rds of it! I was told it would stay subsonic with barrels under 10 inches.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top