Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2006 7:24:32 AM EDT
Guys,

Found a decent deal on a Bushmaster Carbon 15 for around $820.

Any of you use this rifle can tell me some pros and cons over the regular alminunium version?

Yep, this is going to be my first AR (besides being issued an M4 in the army).

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Noone knows?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Pass on it, you’ll thank me later. Their very dangerous and prone to breakage, but if you have your heart set on a carbon buy a Bushmaster and not a Vulcan.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I have two and like them both.  They are no better nor worse than an aluminum gun, just different.  Do a search on this site and you'll hear every type of opinion, some good, and most bad.  But be aware that the bad opinions are:

I know a guy who had one,

I read they are shit

They just simply have to be junk.

I heard they blow apart, etc.

Read them all and only listen to people who own them, the rest is just background noise.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Found a decent deal on a Bushmaster Carbon 15 for around $820.

CHRIST!  That's not a decent deal, JETHRO!!

FREE would be a rip off in my book.  But for someone who really wants that piece of shit, I'd say 4-500 would be a decent deal.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Read them all and only listen to people who own them, the rest is just background noise.

Yeah!  Those pics of busted up receivers must have been photoshops!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Well thats the info I needed, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah!  Those pics of busted up receivers must have been photoshops! hr

If you can read like I can, you certainly noticed that those recievers were not Bushmasters.  And, your comment illustrates exactly what I was warning him about.  YOU'VE NEVER OWNED ONE.  So go ahead, slam away with your totally unsubstantiated opinion based on second hand information.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top