Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/22/2006 4:36:07 PM EDT
any one have any opions on this rifle...i could only find stuff on the m4 and pistol verions...i was looking itnt buying a used one for 700, but was wondering if it is worth it.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine, paid $850 brand new. Fun gun to shoot,It's not a rifle thou, It's a pistol.i'm thinking of turning mine into a AOW, so I can add a forward handle and longer barrel.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I like mine, paid $850 brand new. Fun gun to shoot,It's not a rifle thou, It's a pistol.i'm thinking of turning mine into a AOW, so I can add a forward handle and longer barrel.

might as well go SBR you know you want too
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

i'm not looking at the pistol model, but the rifle...which is yours???
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
any one have any opions on this rifle...i could only find stuff on the m4 and pistol verions...

Okay, here's my opinion. The idea behind the Carbon Fiber 15 firearm is to reduce weight, hence the ready information on the pistol and M4 models.

There are a couple of features found on the aluminum receivers that are missing on the Carbon Fiber 15. One; No forward assist and 2; No ejection port dust cover. No big deal I guess but worth noting.

I own a 97S pistol and find the Carbon Fiber 15 receiver well suited for this purpose. However I doubt I'd consider it for a rifle.

Like I said, it's just my opinion.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:37:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
any one have any opions on this rifle...i could only find stuff on the m4 and pistol verions...

Okay, here's my opinion. The idea behind the Carbon Fiber 15 firearm is to reduce weight, hence the ready information on the pistol and M4 models.

There are a couple of features found on the aluminum receivers that are missing on the Carbon Fiber 15. One; No forward assist and 2; No ejection port dust cover. No big deal I guess but worth noting.

I own a 97S pistol and find the Carbon Fiber 15 receiver well suited for this purpose. However I doubt I'd consider it for a rifle.

Like I said, it's just my opinion.  

i was just looking for something different...because both my ar's are in some sort of m4 conversion....i can't ifind any dealers in my area that carries this carbon rifle and don't want overpay for something  used thats not worth it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Perhaps I was being too subtle. No, in my opinion, I don't think it's worth it.    

Good luck.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top