Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 5:58:42 PM EDT
I ordered an extractor rebuild kit, and while I was at it, I ordered a 20 round rebuild kit because I needed the floorplate.

When it arrived, the green follower looked like it had been a 30rnd that they took a dremel to it and cut the center post down, and cut off the anti tilt portion from the front of the follower.  WTF?! Well I called them out of curiosity and they said thats what they give you for a 20 round follower. That it is cheaper to make 1 mold for the 30's and cut them down for 20's.

I informed him that about 1 week earlier, I had bought 6 green  20 round followers from my local cop shop, and the bag had a Bushmaster label on it(the shop is an authorized Bushmaster dealer), and they were not butchered .

Anyway, are they feeding me a line of BS, or what? If that is the kind of product they sell, I will get my followers at the cop shop even though they cost more.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
no the 20 rounders have to be cut in order to allow 20 rounds to be put into the mags
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
The green 20 round followers I got at the cop shop were NOT cut down, They were molded differently than the  green 30 rounders I also bought at the cop shop the same day.

They were 2 totally different followers

If I had a camera I'd post pics, But the ones that were cut at Bushmaster were very shoddy looking.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
maybe they werent from Bushmaster, call them up and ask them to send you a replacement follower and see if thats what they normally put out
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, Update.

The cut version I ordered and received from Bushmaster.

The Molded one I got from the cop shot looks a lot like this one

www.cdnninvestments.com/ar20greenmil.html

I bet the cop shop put them in bags that had the Bushmaster logo on it. The springs I got from The cop shop were Wolf, and were marked correctly

Thanks for your help.

BTW, the CDNN ones look  much better than what I got from Bushmaster. I cant speak for how well they work though
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:08:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with Chuck here there is no good reason to replace the 20 round followers.......
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I got some of these;

http://www.johnmasen.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=J&Product_Code=1509&Category_Code=AA

at a gunshow. They worked good for replacing the smacked up one's in some of my older mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top