Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2005 10:44:02 AM EDT
Can anyone verify the following statement on Bushmaster's Web Page?

We sell only new bolt carriers - no rewelds or remakes. The bolt carrier assembly is the “heart” of your weapon - with the most critical machining tolerances of any component in the rifles system. Ours are manufactured to mil. spec. and are magnetic particle inspected to insure against cracks or flaws that could cause catastrophic bolt failure or injury.

I was sure that I read somewhere that nobody did MP testing on Bolt Carriers.

Thanks,

5Shot
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#1]
They're most likely referring to the actual bolt, but I didn't know Bushy tested them at all.

I don't even think Colt MP tests the carrier as it doesn't go through the same forces as the bolt.

WIZZO

edit: forgot a word
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely and if I'm not mistaken?...Their M.P.I. Dept is located right next to their..."All Bushmaster Rifles Are Laser Sighted Before They Leave The Factory"...uhem...Dept.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Absolutely and if I'm not mistaken?...Their M.P.I. Dept is located right next to their..."All Bushmaster Rifles Are Laser Sighted Before They Leave The Factory"...uhem...Dept.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They're most likely referring to the actual bolt, but I didn't know Bushy tested them at all.

I don't even think Colt MP tests the carrier as it doesn't go through the same forces as the bolt.

WIZZO

edit: forgot a word

This is the description in their catalog and Web Page in regards to a Carrier w/Carrier Key only, not a complete Carrier/Bolt assy.

I thought maybe someone had purchased one that came with an MP marking, but I also thought it was probably too good to be true.

5Shot
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
And....Since this is probably a misprint on Bushmaster's part -

Do any of you know where I can get a new CMT or LMT Carrier W/Carrier Key?  

I don't want the complete assy, since I want to buy a MP tested Bolt to pair with it.

Thanks,

5Shot
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Grant at G&R Tactical has CMT bolts that are MPI'd.

Get in contact with him and see what kind of price he can give you for a CMT MPI'd bolt and the carrier assembly.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
There is lots of conjecture, but very little first hand information on how BM makes their products. AR15.com is a misinformation nightmare when it comes to the inner workings of any company. Not to mention all the petty agendas at work.

Call Bushmaster if you're really interested in their fabrication methods
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top