Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 12:15:19 PM EDT
The "Bushy AR-180" post helped inspire this one.Now I have read on how the Bushmaster Arm Pistol(BAP) was held but I just can`t picture it. Can someone show me a pic of the BAP being held in the ready to fire position? Thanks
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I couldnt find a pic of someone holding one, but Id assume that one holds it like you would hold a rifle with one hand. The Bushmaster Armalite Pistol ("Arm Pistol") was initially an experiment for a bullpup-configured SMG based on the AR-15/M16 design. The SMG-philosophy is evident in the lack of a useful buttstock, But aftermarket buttplates are available for around $50.

Im sure someone has a pic. I am curious now too.

[img]www.biggerhammer.net/armpistol/bushmaster_rightside_mag_web.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot one quite a bit when they were on the market.  You would hold the grip like a pistol in the usual way with your arm stretched out.  The magazine/reciever assembly would swivel left or right.  You would let it lay over the inside of your arm, and hold the mag/rec assy in place with your thumb from the other hand, while the fingers held your forearm.  The thing I remember the most was the way it felt when it went off.  It just felt like the grip turned from plastic to metal, then back to plastic again.  Not any real recoil.  They were pretty loud too.  Wish I had bought one now.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:31:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Is the BAP legally considered a pistol or a SBR or an AOW by the ATF?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:50:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Its a legal pistol. I [i]almost[/i] wish I hadnt sold mine. FYI- It was a POS. Hard to keep together, and a LOT of non AR parts. Read what Troy said, thats [b]exactly[/b] how they rotated.

You can find more info [url=http://www.biggerhammer.net/armpistol/]HERE[/url]

That pic shows it a little better, the top rod from the rear receiver, all the way to the front "barrel clamp" stay together, in other words the barrel and pistol grip rotated from the others.

Great idea, compact as hell, [i]some[/i] AR parts. Shitty design, horrible control & aim non-existant. A few people from here (Paul, coversix & USN Joe IIRC) were there when I took it to an arfcom event. It came apart in our hands. After contacting Bushy, there was one guy still on staff (?Jim?), who was there when they made them, could supply [i]some[/i](read little) info & [i]some[/i] (read even fewer) parts.

Made it the perfect firearm candidate for the "Firearm formerly known as mine"....

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top