Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/10/2002 9:06:43 AM EDT
Trying to decide between the Bushmaster E2S A3 and the Bushmaster V match. Will mount Aimpoint ML sytems and have scope set up also. And a trigger job.

Is the V match more accurate?

Is the A3 more rugged and dependable?

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:53:51 AM EDT
I have the V-match and I love it. The free float hand guard aids in accuracy. I am capable of 1" groups at 100-150 yards w/o a trigger job. I expect it to get better when I get a trigger job.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:09:16 AM EDT
The V-Match will be more accurate only because its free floated. Thus there will be no deflection from it resting on your hand, bipod, or sling (if its mounted to the tube).

I don't think its any more 'accurate' but it is more consistant over a variety of conditions.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 11:54:18 AM EDT
I had almost this same debate a couple of months ago (A3 shorty vs. 16" v-match). I sent Bushmaster an email and was informed that the only difference between the two is that the v-match has the free-float handguard and gas block with no front site. I also remember reading somewhere (I think in one of the epic FIRSH debate threads in the rifles, uppers, etc. forum below) that the aluminum free-float tube on the v-match is attached in a non-standard way. Based on this information I decided to go with the standard A3, with the intention to customize it later with a free-floated handguard, trigger, optics, etc. I felt that the standard A3 was more easily adapted to accessories, and the only major accuracy enhancing difference (the free-floated barrel) could be accomplished in a better manner. I am currently leaning towards the ARMS SIR or Knights RASII, which will provide a free-floated barrel and the option of attaching flashlight, bottle opener, raygun, etc. (I am all about maximizing my options). Unfortunately, I came across a used Smith & Wesson Model 41 at the local gunshop for about the price of the SIR, and as of this morning my SIR/RASII fund is back to $0.

Anyway, if you want a more accurate AR out of the box and do not intend to add many accessories later on, go with the v-match. Otherwise, I would say go with the A3.

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:27:25 PM EDT
Top Top