Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/4/2006 7:55:44 PM EDT
What size groups ( 3-5 shots at 100 yds.) can I expect using a standard Bushmaster target model with the 20 in chrome-lined  heavy barrel (1/9) with select factory ammo and a quality scope from a sand bag bench rest.   Same gun except with the  20 in stainless steel barrel. I realize that a replacement trigger may be needed  to obtain the tightest groups.

I'm mainly interested in target shooting at the range and plinking but  I may want to use an A3 for coyote hunting up to 300 yds.  I'm not interested in the varmit or DCM versions as I would like to keep the rifle at a reasonable weight.  My preference is  the chorme-lined barrel but I have read that the stainless may be more accurate.

Since I already have a BM A-2 20 in., I was considering ordering an complete A3 upper and get the fluted barred option for weight savings and still maintaining the benefits of the heavy barrel profile.

Any feed-back would greatly be appreciated-Fred
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top