Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2006 4:05:02 PM EDT
I thought I read that the Bushmaster with removable carry handle has a taller front sight then standard. If that is the case, can I use standard BUIS sites? Or do I have to go with the Bushmaster system? I want to use a Troy or LaRue BUIS rear sight with my Bushmaster. HELP!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You can use a Troy or LaRue BUIS , without any problem...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quite the opposite, Bushmaster flat-top receivers use standard FSB and not the taller F marked FSB. Therefore, its detachable carrying handle rear sight base is also machined lower to match the FSB. If you are using standard mil spec BUIS such as ARMS, LMT, Troy and others, you may have to replace the standard front sight post with the .040 FSP like this one.  I had to use the .040 post when I swapped out the factory DCH with the LMT BUIS.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought a new Bushmaster Superlight and i have a Eotech 552 with a YHM BUIS , and i did not have any problem zeroing my Bushmaster ..
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
My experience matches Orange Neck's.  When I swapped out the DCH for a LaRue, I could still get it to zero, but the front post was backed out so much that I could see daylight between the front sight's shelf/base and the FSB.  The posts also would rock a bit if jiggled it with your fingers.  I just wasn't comfortable with that situation so I purchased the taller post and problem solved.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#5]
So a taller front post and whatever rear BUIS I fancy and I am good to go?? Sounds great! Thanks gents!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top