Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2008 9:31:13 AM EDT
Hello,

This is my first post. Long time reader , first time poster. I just purchased a bushmaster 450. Great Rifle! I am new to the AR world and had a few questions i was hoping some of you could help me with.

1. I want to add a tactical forend. Will any basic AR-15 forend fit? the barrel is much bigger on the 450. I am just curious before i go out and spend a couple hundred on a tactical forend and it wont fit.

2. Is there any way you can modify your everyday ar-15 .223 mags to hold 450 rounds? By just changing the follower? Has anyone tried this?

3. The 450 does not come with any sights. I have an eotech on mine. I am looking to add a set up iron sights also. Will any of the major sets work? i have been looking at a yhm flip front and rear sights set. Will these match up?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello,

This is my first post. Long time reader , first time poster. I just purchased a bushmaster 450. Great Rifle! I am new to the AR world and had a few questions i was hoping some of you could help me with.

1. I want to add a tactical forend. Will any basic AR-15 forend fit? the barrel is much bigger on the 450. I am just curious before i go out and spend a couple hundred on a tactical forend and it wont fit. yes

2. Is there any way you can modify your everyday ar-15 .223 mags to hold 450 rounds? By just changing the follower? Has anyone tried this? 4-5 at the most no matter the mag- the follower doesnt need to be modified to only hold 5 rounds

3. The 450 does not come with any sights. I have an eotech on mine. I am looking to add a set up iron sights also. Will any of the major sets work? i have been looking at a yhm flip front and rear sights set. Will these match up?
just get a set that fits on the gas block vs a set for railed handguards if you plan to put it on the gas block
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The 450 bushmaster is soposed to use a special single stack follower.

Thats one reason I went with the 458 socom you can use standard GI mags and load up 10 rounds.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top