Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/2/2004 3:21:18 AM EST
Hello,

Does Bushmaster's 20" upper assembly have a round or triangular handguard cap? Can I replace the round handguards with triangular ones? Where to buy triangular handguards and how much they run for? Thanks.

Best.
Petri
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:29:45 AM EST
20" barrels should have a trianglur handguard cap. It can fit both the older triangular A1 handguards and the round A2 handguards.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:47:11 PM EST
Check the EE for the hand gaurds. If you want to pay out the nose then you can get a pair of hand gaurds from Fulton Armory. But you are going to pay $25.00 plus shipping plus you will have to refinish them because they won't be in all that good of shape.

My advice is find a set of hand gaurds from the EE. You still might have to refinish them but they'll be alot cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:21:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By azeagle:

My advice is find a set of hand gaurds from the EE. You still might have to refinish them but they'll be alot cheaper.

I got a set from Mike on the EE, brand new and only $12 including shipping!
Awesome deal, Mike!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:48:13 AM EST
Speaking of refinishing the handguards,

Do you guys have any tips? Fine sand paper? Paint?

I recently bought a complete A2 lower...and on the stock were stains of gun oil or some other grease. I was kinda pissed off because it looked real ugly. What I did was I took a piece of cloth and a bottle of gun oil and I "stained" the whole stock. Now it looks just perfect, almost black and suprisingly enough the stock won't stain clothes!

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:17:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/4/2004 8:18:46 AM EST by azeagle]
No tips. I haven't tried refinishing my yet. But they do need it. But I will happily accept some tips.

BTW, I didn't get mine off the EE. I got them from somewhere else
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:21:31 AM EST
Will the handguards fit with the later model delta ring without any problems?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:06:52 PM EST
Yep. No problem on the delta ring.
Top Top