Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2014 12:27:02 AM EDT
I was just curios as to the real effective range of the 1-4x scope. To be specific I've got good eyes and was wondering if 4x would be enough to hit 8 inch plates at 300 yards.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:24:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By thoraxe_68:
I was just curios as to the real effective range of the 1-4x scope. To be specific I've got good eyes and was wondering if 4x would be enough to hit 8 inch plates at 300 yards.
View Quote

It should be. Look at it this way, 300 yards @ 4x is equivalent to 75 yards @ 1x, so as long as you have a decent shot you should be ok. There's also a few 1-6x out there that may be worth looking into, or even a 3-9x.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:56:16 AM EDT
That optic doesn't have the greatest reticle for precise shooting.

8" at 300 puts you around 2.5+ MOA, which is realistically what most common ball will reliably and consistently shoot under perfect circumstances.

Most shooters are not perfect shooters.

You'll need to know your 300 yard data as it correlates to your ammo and the scope zero.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

conclusion: assuming that you can shoot, and that you use decent ammo, and its a decent rifle, and you know your zero, and you are shooting from a supported or prone position, you should hit an 8" target at 300 a significant percentage of the time.
Top Top