Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 2:10:11 PM EDT
This is a new scope that Burris has added this year.  Real affordable around $200, and should mount up similar to an Aimpoint.  I was wondering if it was NVG compatablie so I e-mailed there customer service.  Here is the response...

The word from overseas is yes, the sight works very well with night vision equipment.

Thank you,

Burris Company

Anyone bought one of these yet???  comments???

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Battery life is not up to par on the Burris for serious work.

For a range gun, I'd consider one only if I could find one to look through. Any dot I buy must be bright enough to not wash out in Florida's bright noon sun against any background. That's why I bought the Aimpoint.

I have other Burris optics, and they are TOUGH, quality optics.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]

I used the Burris and also the S.P.O.T. last week at the range mounted on similar RRA and Bushy rifles and I gotta say they are near identical and perform just as well... on the plus side, the S.P.O.T. comes with a mount and is around $50 cheaper than the Burris XTS.

Cheers  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone got a good dealer recommendation for the Burris XTS-135?  What kind of prices are you seeing on this red dot sight?   I am thinking about putting one on my little 9mm Storm.  I think it would go great on that gun (Currently running a Trijicon Reflex II on it now).  I use it for plinking and as a back up home defense gun.  What is the battery life expectancy on it also? I have a couple Aimpoints for my other rifles for the more serious work.  Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the idea of cheap but quality optics, but $150-$200 for a Korean made Red Dot is kind of out of hand.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone got a good dealer recommendation for the Burris XTS-135?  What kind of prices are you seeing on this red dot sight?   I am thinking about putting one on my little 9mm Storm.  I think it would go great on that gun (Currently running a Trijicon Reflex II on it now).  I use it for plinking and as a back up home defense gun.  What is the battery life expectancy on it also? I have a couple Aimpoints for my other rifles for the more serious work.  Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

These guys handle Burris and they have good prices.  However I talked to him yesterday and they do not have the XTS-135 yet, or know what they will be priced at.  Hopefully soon.  Also Midway has them for $199..

http://www.ultout.com
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I like the idea of cheap but quality optics, but $150-$200 for a Korean made Red Dot is kind of out of hand.

Well Burris is located in Greely Colorado.  However I do not know if thier scope is made here in the US...  My other Burris products are very good quality and tough...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

For a range gun, I'd consider one only if I could find one to look through. Any dot I buy must be bright enough to not wash out in Florida's bright noon sun against any background. That's why I bought the Aimpoint.

I have other Burris optics, and they are TOUGH, quality optics.

I have not seen any specs on the XTS battery life.  Do you have a link to a test or is this first hand knowledge?  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:19:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well Burris is located in Greely Colorado.  However I do not know if thier scope is made here in the US...  My other Burris products are very good quality and tough...

One of Bushnells Red Dots is made in Korea. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the non-Aimpoint/non-Trijicon/non-Eotech CQB optics were outsourced to overseas production (Tasco, Bushnell, etc...) the cheaper stuff mainly. However, I'd be asking Burris where they make the XTS Red Dot since its about $200-$250 USD. It better not be made in Korea/China at that price.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have not seen any specs on the XTS battery life.  Do you have a link to a test or is this first hand knowledge?  

According to the post by TalonArms on page 23 of the Tacpoint FAQ thread after talking to them at the SHOT show the Burris XTS is the same electronics as the SPOT, which is claimed to have ~150-hour battery life.  I haven't heard of any reports that confirm that, but if he's comparing to the ~10,000-hour battery life of the newer Aimpoints it doesn't matter.

Quoted:
I used the Burris and also the S.P.O.T. last week at the range mounted on similar RRA and Bushy rifles and I gotta say they are near identical and perform just as well... on the plus side, the S.P.O.T. comes with a mount and is around $50 cheaper than the Burris XTS.

Again according to the guy TalonArms talked to at the SHOT show, the Burris has better glass, seals, and shock isolation than the SPOT.  So you do get something for that extra $50.  Then again, considering what photoman has done to his SPOT that may not be an issue for you.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top