Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/11/2002 12:12:49 PM EDT
Hey guys-
I'm looking for a well-made red dot sight and I don't want to spend the Aimpoint prices.  I know I should wait and save up for an Aimpoint, but I'm really just looking for a good plinking dot that won't break apart on me.  There isn't too much on the Burris Speeddot in the archives, so I was wondering what you thought of it for my flat top AR.  Thanks.

- Patrick S.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Burris SpeedDot on my Ruger Super Redhawk. It has stood up to the recoil of about 400rds of hot 45LC and 150rds of full power 454. It seems to be of very good quality, and it has always held zero. I took a nice buck this year,using the pistol and reddot. I have been pleased with its performance.

I have been thinking of buy another for one of my ARs. I figured if it can take the beating the 454 gives it, it should hold up on my AR.

Link Posted: 12/12/2002 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to have a SpeedDot. Had to send the first one back for replacement because it wouldn't zero. I now have 3 Aimpoints and 0 Burris SpeedDots, that speaks volumes...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top