Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 6:27:49 PM EDT
anyone else have this problem?

You can literally back out the entire adjustment screw and there is no change at all to point of impact. Kinda pissed right now, esp if I have to pay for shipping to get warranty work done.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you loosened the lock screws on the back of the sight?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you loosened the lock screws on the back of the sight?
View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've had my FastFire II for a couple of years, I had that issue once when it was new.  I rapped it smartly a couple of times with a plastic Bic lighter, so problems since.

Mark H.
View Quote

haha, would you have given me the same advice if I said I ordered it from OpticsPlanet or Dvor?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#6]
This is common to many/most optics. When rezeroing my ACOG, knocking on the housing hard with my knuckles to "set" the scope adjustments  is often necesary as well as reccomended by trijicon.

Eta:c figure these devices are recoil hardened, banging on them lightly won't hurt them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, my experience with my own FastFire II remains, no matter where you bought your FastFire II.  You asked 'anyone else have this problem", and I have.

If you bought it from us, and it's been less than 30 days, by all means take advantage of our return/exchange policy.  I thought you might benefit from giving it a good smack, and avoid return/exchange/warranty.

The same technique worked on my EOTech 512 that had not been adjusted for 5 or 6 years...

What part of TN are you in?  My family is from east central TN.

Mark H.

View Quote

From Memphis area but live most of the time up near DC. I'll give it some solid taps and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Had the same issue with a Pride Fowler mini dot (very similar sight, except it doesn't require removal to replace the battery) and I tapped it with a small screwdriver a couple times and it popped free and could then be adjusted.

I've seen it happen on scopes and dots before when someone maxes out an adjustment and it hangs up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#9]
well it worked. just tapped it a few times with the back of the screwdriver it comes with and whalah! go figure but hey, as long as it works
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top