Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2009 6:00:37 AM EDT
Hey everyone. I recently ordered a falcon Menace 4-14 FFP and I was looking for a one piece scope mount for it to go an AR-15 ( it will make its way to my AR10 once I finish the build). I was looking at  the Burris AR-P.E.P.R mount due to its good price and sturdy design. The major question that is have is will the optic fit in the mount. The  distance between the inner sides of the rings is 2.15" as seen  here . Out of all the searching on the net  that I have done I can not for the life of me figure out how wide the turret section is on the scope. I seen a picture of one mounted in a LaRue mount and it looked kind of close. They measure 2.6" between the rings. If anyone has this scope and can take a measurement or if anyone has any experience it would be  much appreciated
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks to be good to go...but why would you use a cheap mount on a $400 scope?

Buy a Larue SPR.  Or get some high-end rings (I buy Leupold) to get you by until you can afford the Larue.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looks to be good to go...but why would you use a cheap mount on a $400 scope?

Buy a Larue SPR.  Or get some high-end rings (I buy Leupold) to get you by until you can afford the Larue.

Just out of curiosity, whats wrong with the Burris rings ?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Just measured mine, it's 2 3/8" between the rings.And there is NOTHING wrong or cheap about this mount.Yes, I have Larue mounts too, 4 to be exact, but they are double the price and then some.Only downside to the Burris mount is you need a wrench to remove it, but it's hell-for-strong.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Well since that won't work I might just end up having to got with the laRue. Anybody else have any other suggestions.?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's my suggestion.

I'd like to see all scope makers and mount makers give the important dimensions of their gear, like Leupold does and like Burris did with the PEPR.  That would really help people avoid these trial-and-error gear tests.

Not much help, I know...

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top