Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2008 12:45:21 PM EDT
Burris 4.5-14x42 Fullfield II Rifle Scope or Nikon 4.5-14x40 Buckmaster Riflescope ???? whats better bc im going to buy one of them. who makes better glass?
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
i'd prefer and recommend the Nikon Buckmaster--great scope for the price (durability, adjustability, versitility, etc)

Link Posted: 8/21/2008 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with the Burris. I have the Fullfield II in 4.5-14x50 with their Ballistic Plex reticle and I think it's a great scope. It's mounted on my varmint/target AR. I also have a Fullfeild II in 3.5-10x50, which is also a fantastic scope for the money. That one is on my 700P. I can't speak for the Nikon, but i hear they're good scopes.

-Dan
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 of the same burris's you are looking at and also 2 pentax  pioneers 4.5x14 they are basicaly the same scope. Just different names. you can get the pentax for about $10 less. I would go with burris or find the pentax. Great scopes for the money and they can takealot of abuse.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
that Ballistic Plex you are speaking of, is that good for varmints? or more made for hummans and deer? haha
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Burris 4.5X14 with the Ballistic Plex reticle mounted on my RRA Varminter and could not be happier.

KOOL AID ALERT!

I have several Burris scopes on many different types of firearms (Revolvers, TC Contender, Rifles, and a Shotgun) and they are my first choice when I need a new scope. Their lifetime warranty is no BS. Case in point, I dropped a Ruger Super Redhawk with a 2X Burris scope on a rock while deer hunting. Bent the ocular lens housing to hell and back and chipped the lens on the inside. Took it off the Redhawk called Burris and told them what happened and asked what it would cost to fix it. Was told to just send it in and they would get back with me. Sent it off and got it back in about ten days repaired good as new at NO CHARGE.

Take it for what it's worth,when a company treats me like that they'll get my business.
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#6]
height=8
that Ballistic Plex you are speaking of, is that good for varmints? or more made for hummans and deer? haha

The reticle has a drop compensater out to 500 yds. The scope comes with a chart that lists different loads/calibers and it tells you about how close your impact will be to the aiming points for the corresponding distances. It is great for deer sized targets, but once you get out past 400 or so, smaller varmints might be kind of covered up by the reticle.

When you settle on a load that shoots best in your rifle, I would stick with that load and test it to see how close your impact is to the scope's aiming points at 100-500 yds. Bottom line is, get to know your rifle.

-Dan
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#7]
The Burris all the way! I have both, the burris is brighter and seems to be built a little better. Nothing wrong with the Nikon it won't be getting replaced anytime soon, But having owned both I would buy the Burris over the Nikon.
If your not anti-ebay, there are some great deals to be had. I bought one from this guy.
cgi.ebay.com/Burris-Fullfield-II-4-5-14X42MM_W0QQitemZ280257212202QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280257212202&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top