Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2012 4:38:03 PM EDT
This is my first post. Looking at mid priced optics for AR. Will be used for varmints/hogs. Burris 1-4x24 Xtreme Tactical XTR versus SWFA SS 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope. Ive looked through the SS 1-4 HD optics and they are very clear. Is the Burris anywhere near the clarity? Also looking at either getting another barrel or upper chambered in .300Blk. Any suggestions/info on optics is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:04:21 PM EDT
Have you checked out the Vortex Viper PST?

I have this one

It is absolutely fantastic. I also have a SS 10x and I think the Vortex glass slightly better in certain lighting conditions.

You can also save $200 for a nice Larue or ADM one-piece mount
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:18:36 PM EDT
SWFA hands down!

If you like the 1-4x24 they offer, have you considered holding off until they release their 1-6x24 they announced last month?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:17:39 AM EDT
I haven't looked through the SWFA but I looked through the burris XTR side by side with the Trijicon 1-4, and Burris 1-4 TAC30.

Now this is just my eyes and a sample size of one but the Trijicon 1-4 and Burris Tac30 were better than the XTR which was a lot more money. The Trijicon had better glass (to my eyes) than the Tac30 but not $300 better.

Take a look at the Tac30 you might be surprised (Note. the tac30 reticle center dot is a little big and not as well thought out IMO as the SWFA but $400 cheaper).

But between the two you're looking at I would have to go SWFA although never seeing it due to the poor experience I had with the XTR.

Also take a look at the Meopta Z-dot. It seems to be getting good reviews and CS-Tactical (SP?) had a youtube video using it and it looked pretty good (~$800.00)

Hope this helps
Top Top