Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 12:04:32 PM EDT
I have been able to bump fire my AK's with ease because of the insane recoil from those guns, however, How the heck can you bump fire an AR???  I have almost no recoil from my Bushy....?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I bumb fire my AK-74 and it has way less recoil than a .223 AR15..
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
vertical foregrip
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#3]
You can do it without that gay foregrip.  Just hold the handguard and press forward, while bringing the gun to your hip and firing (might help to put a thumb around a beltloop, pulling back).  But you say you have a Bushmaster -- you don't perchance have a mini-y comp on there, do you?  Cuz it does eat a ton of that recoil.  I have managed to do it once while the mini-y was on there, but it was hard to find the appropriate index.  Give it a try!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#4]
YEP I am a member of the mini Y club.   I will give it a shot......   hehe.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#5]
You ought to remove that stupid POS.  It's not too terribly hard, plus your gun makes a cool FIREBALL after that.  Just don't get caught, if your barrel is 14.5" or shorter
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Umm thanks,  I think I will just order another barrel when I get some extra cash.   I dont need anymore trouble than I got already.......  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You ought to remove that stupid POS.  It's not too terribly hard, plus your gun makes a cool FIREBALL after that.  Just don't get caught, if your barrel is 14.5" or shorter

Or you could just have that Y-comp removed and have a Phantom or any 1 1/2" flash hider put on it
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually I called Bushmaster about that and they told me that its not possible to do that without destroying the barrel, (hence the "permanantly attached mini y comp") per BATF requirements....  A new barrel is less than 200 bucks so I think that is the route I will go....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#9]
They're full of it!! ALOT of people have removed theres with no probs...my brother had his removed by a gunsmith who put a Perm. attached flashider
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top