Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 3:13:32 PM EDT
Hello ALL!

Where is everyone finding the best deals on ammo?  I just read a post of someone finding 1000 rounds of Wolf for $135 from Midway maybe?

The problem is, that I refuse to ever shoot it through any firearm I own.  Is there any brass or nickel cased ammo that is not crazy expensive that will work okay just as practice ammo until I get enough brass to reload my own??

I bought a 200 round box of UMC 45gr. JHP at Bass Pro for $50 + tax.  That seems high to me after hearing the other?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the ammunition forum.  There is a thread that specifically lists prices for ammo from various places.

btw, you can pick up 55gr FMJ Rem UMC at $3.69/20 at Natchez Shooters Supplies.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay..I guess I didnt see it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
derrick, why the hate for wolf ammo? just wondering
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I am a Wolf convert.  May take a little more cleaning but it is fine for plinking and general range work.  Also checkout Georgia Arm's Canned Heat.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top