Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 1:37:49 PM EDT
Alright, after everyone NOT living in the De-United State of California gets done laughing at the fact that they are not required to have "tool operated" magazine release, an answer would be appreciated.  I am "temporarilly" in CA for work and after many swear words and what not I have added the bullet button to my AR's and purchased the appropriate 10 round wannabe 30 round magazines.  I was getting ready to buy a dedicated Spike's .22 upper and had the following question:

Is the bullet button still required on this?  I know the 10 round mag still applies, but was not sure about the magazine lock.  I saw a M&P 15-22 and the Colt version this weekend at a gun show and both models did not have the CA compliant bullet button.  I asked a guy about it and he said they did not have to have them, but I did not ask about a dedicated upper.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe that rifle complied with one of the other idiotic rules instead of the detachable magazine rule, making is unnecessary.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Might want to check out the CA Home Forum
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I *think* that rimfire is exempt, but confirm with CA residents.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#4]
No bullet button needed with rimfire
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top