Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 12:50:28 PM EDT
Anyone have a picture of a Bull(varmint) barrel with a flash hider or Muzzle Break attached? im thinking about going with a model 1 sales vamint barrel and considering getting it threaded so i can attach a #6  5 1/2" flash hider (from them) on it..but worried about how it will look/perform. Any comments or pictures would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Before dealing with Model 1, read this:

Model 1 vs UPS thread

As to your question, there was a thread last week sometime about this same topic.  Do a search.  Someone linked to a guy selling muzzle brakes in various sizes.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a compensator put on a couple of my bull barrels.  It's just a comp. not a break, there is NO noticeable increase in noise and it completely compensates.  The same guy that did my fluting put the comp on.  I have it on my prairie dog rig and just got it put on my .243 WSSM.  Even shooting 88 grain bullets at just under 3400 fps, you still see the bullet hit the critter!

The comp is not part of the barrel, it is made out of the same metal (416 F ss) and is screwed onto the end of the barrel.  It ends up adding about 1" to the lengh of the barrel.

http://www.dtechsuperstore.com/images/Mvc-003f.jpg
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#3]
wow he did a nice job on the barrel! thx for the pic!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is my DPMS bull barrel, it was 16", now it is 12" long. Had SOCOM Mfg do the thread.  Has seen a  silencer and an A2 bird cage.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:41:40 AM EDT
[#5]
A company up in Minnesota did it.  I had them do the fluting and when I saw the comp, I had to have it.  After trying it on my prairie dog rig, I had them do the same to my .243 WSSM.

The name of the company is Dedicated Technology (218) 444-7419  or [email protected]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top