Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2005 5:32:33 AM EDT
Followed the guide on here and everything was pretty easy EXCEPT the freaking takedown springs. The writer of the guide acted like everything went in all easy like, well either i'm stupid or something but I had a bitch of a time getting them in. For the front I had to use a piece of paper to keep the detent down and have enough room to slide the takedown pin in. And the rear was a huge pain in the pass. My friend and I ended up using my drivers license to keep the spring in while threading the buttstock and then letting go of the drivers license as we pushed the piece on the buttstock that keeps the spring in(I dont know the name). There has to be an easier way to do this, what was I missing?

Anyways here's the specs:
Stag lower
Del-ton 16" kit, a2 upper, mostly stock stuff.

Future plans are VFG, IDF sling and maybe a light(KISS)

Pics are here:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/xfiendx/m43.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/xfiendx/m44.jpg
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Now go shoot it, break it in and sight it in and let us know the results.

There's nothing quite like the butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling as you squeeze the trigger on a live round for the very first time in a gun that you built.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Your pics:

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah didn't want to post them cause they are kinda big. Just thought i'd let people go to them. Thanks though
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Good job Brother.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks good!!

With all of those future additions you mentioned (VFG, IDF Sling, Light) I wouldn't call it a KISS rifle. Right now it's a KISS rifle, but not after all of those additions.  

Either way, it's awesome the way it is now, and it will still be awesome with the additions you mentioned.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks good, now go shoot the living piss out of it

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#7]
another black rife was born, great looking rifle, job well done congrats
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top