Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2004 7:45:07 PM EDT
RRA upper, US prop marked lower, RRA 6 pos stock, RRA 2 stage trigger and lower parts,  RRA 16" midlength SS barrel, YHM quad rail float tube, Aimpoint ML2,  ARMS 22-68 mount w/full spacer, ARMS #40 BUIS.  I love the rifle but it's a little heavy,  I think I'll pull the barrel and flute it to loose some weight.  Everything went togther great, very tight fit on the reciever halves,  headspace must have been right cause I put 120 rounds through her today and nothin blew upHighly recommend eaglearms and Pete in NH,  both are top notch.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't flute it to reduce weight, I would cut the profile down.  Its probably a HBAR profile right now, which means, under the handguards, its .920", and thus is heavy.  Have it turned down to something like a M4, or better yet, pencil barrel profile.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the barrel a lot heavier than you expected or the rest of the gun? I'm waiting on my RRA mid-length stainless to arrive in a few weeks but I'm not sure what to expect from the weight. I'm only using the standard aluminum free float tube instead of a rail though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I will end up just turning it down I guess,  thats something I know I can do,  fluting is something I've never tried to , it just looks so cool.  anyone have dimesions I should turn it to?

The barrel is the only thing I don't really like,  but it is very accurate,  better than my 20" I sold to build this one.  It was RRA lower with J+T expedition kit
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top