Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/23/2004 6:45:07 PM EST
RRA upper, US prop marked lower, RRA 6 pos stock, RRA 2 stage trigger and lower parts, RRA 16" midlength SS barrel, YHM quad rail float tube, Aimpoint ML2, ARMS 22-68 mount w/full spacer, ARMS #40 BUIS. I love the rifle but it's a little heavy, I think I'll pull the barrel and flute it to loose some weight. Everything went togther great, very tight fit on the reciever halves, headspace must have been right cause I put 120 rounds through her today and nothin blew upHighly recommend eaglearms and Pete in NH, both are top notch.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:14:54 PM EST
I wouldn't flute it to reduce weight, I would cut the profile down. Its probably a HBAR profile right now, which means, under the handguards, its .920", and thus is heavy. Have it turned down to something like a M4, or better yet, pencil barrel profile.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:35:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/24/2004 5:36:08 AM EST by caneau]
Is the barrel a lot heavier than you expected or the rest of the gun? I'm waiting on my RRA mid-length stainless to arrive in a few weeks but I'm not sure what to expect from the weight. I'm only using the standard aluminum free float tube instead of a rail though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:39:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/24/2004 5:45:18 AM EST by jrainw]
I will end up just turning it down I guess, thats something I know I can do, fluting is something I've never tried to , it just looks so cool. anyone have dimesions I should turn it to?

The barrel is the only thing I don't really like, but it is very accurate, better than my 20" I sold to build this one. It was RRA lower with J+T expedition kit
Top Top