Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 3/12/2005 8:04:12 AM EST
looks like i might get a good deal on a Colt AR, but i want the 16" barrel/ M4 stock. Is there any reason i could not build off this lower? then if i ever wanted to sell it, put it back like original for the next guy to enjoy and i keep my frankenparts for my next lower...

any problem putting bushy parts on my colt
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:58:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By SAW_Gunner:
Any problem putting bushy parts on my Colt?

No. If your Colt lower has a large pivot, you will need an adapter to use a small hole upper though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:22:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By M4Madness:

Any problem putting bushy parts on my Colt?

No. If your Colt lower has a large pivot, you will need an adapter to use a small hole upper though.

how can i tell? sorry for all the questions i am just trying to edumacate myself.

how much is the the adapter? is it hard to install and work with?

how expensive are colt uppers?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:29:46 PM EST

how can i tell? sorry for all the questions i am just trying to edumacate myself.

If the pivot pin is the same size (.250") as the takedown pin then you have a mil-spec small pivot pin. The large pivot Colt lowers have a pivot pin with two screw heads. If it has a large pivot, you can use an adapter (less than $10) to mate your lower with any small hole upper. As for Colt uppers, they can be pretty expensive compared to other brands.

Are you getting a complete Colt rifle, or just the lower?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:29:59 PM EST

If the pivot pin is the same size (.250") as the takedown pin then you have a mil-spec small pivot pin. The large pivot Colt lowers have a pivot pin with two screw heads. If it has a large pivot, you can use an adapter (less than $10) to mate your lower with any small hole upper. As for Colt uppers, they can be pretty expensive compared to other brands.

Are you getting a complete Colt rifle, or just the lower?

complete rifle but i would like a 16" m4gery upper, if its a big PITA
Top Top