Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 5:19:30 AM EDT
Hey all

I'm contemplating building my first AR.  Since I already have 20" fixed stock rifle I'm looking for a mild length carabine 16" with 6 position tactical stock.  Before I can get into details I'm in Canada so parts are not as readly available. Anyhoo here it goes

I found a person selling a new RRA stripper lower with DPMS lower parts kit I can get them for $260 shipped.  I never heard about DPMS lower parts what is the quality of that kit? I can get Stag Lower Parts Kit also new for $100. I would only get the stripper lower from the seller and buy the stag kit separately.  As an upper I'm thinking about Stag Arms 16" left handed flat top upper
(it comes with T-Mark, Arms 40. BUIS bolt, charging handle) then I'll get the 6 position tactical stock.

Will I need anything else to complete the build. What do you guys think about this set up. Off finally I'd like to get the rifle coated in some sort of desert camo hanks
Paul
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#1]
DPMS LPKs are to spec--finish is a tad lighter than RRA's; NIW, they ae ~$55 USD

RRA stripped lowers are GTG: ~$125 USD

for $260, a butstock assembly should be included imo, but thats here in the US

Stag LPKs are ~$60-$65 USD

i have not heard of a 16in Stag middy...is it a personal built one?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info here is the link to Stag Uppers

www.armseast.com/uppers.html

I'm looking at the model LH2 16" Upper I really like the Lefty Uppers Prices are in Canadian $$

Should I stock with the DPMA LPK or go with a stag LPK.  

Maybe I cen get the seller to lower the price to about $230 shipped for the lower and DPMS LPK

Thanks

Paul
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#3]
You cant get a new package stock included for $250 on the boards. However I dont know how shipping would be to Canada or transfer. I paid 225 from teknic for my Mega lower w/dpms parts and cmt 6 pos stock.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:44:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats where the problem is.  Getting parts across the border requires export permit from US and import permit to Canada. Too much money and paperwork drives the cost beyond resonable.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:54:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You cant get a new package stock included for $250 on the boards.  

paulinski: could you buy it piece by piece?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish even bare stocks need permits. h
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I wish even bare stocks need permits.

Back on topic. Would you got with DPMS LPK or STAG PLK.  

Thanks

Stag/RRA and Armalite are the only 3 i would opt for the price
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info. I passed on the lower as when I got pics there were many blemishes. Too bad.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top