Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2005 6:54:11 PM EDT
oK... I've read the faq... but i still have a lot of questions.... first and foremost, I'm looking at getting Kurts Kustoms to do me a OLY style upper receiver.  has anyone else had one done by kurt?  How reliable is / was it?   On the genuine OLY upper, I hear talk of a force cone... what exactly is that?  I plan on shooting nothing more than 9mm FMJ, as this is just going to be for me to play with, kind of like my .223 pistols.  I'm partial to the OLY style because I probably have more Sten magazines than most gravel pits have rocks  Are there any difference in barrels among manufacturers that would cause it to perform or not perform?   Depending upon price, I'm going to use a 6.5" 9mm oly barrel, but if it's too pricey, Im going to chop an existing 9mm barrel and re-crown it....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

John
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Read on his forums about his turnaround time before you decide to go with him.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Depending on what you want done, you should shoot an e-mail to M60 Joe. He posts here has joeblack. He does a lot of work with 9mm ARs (primarily Colt style) and his turn around is reasonable.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top