Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/13/2005 3:47:42 PM EDT
If you can believe this my friend gave me a Colt SP1 lower reciever for free as he was using it for a paperweight. I have purchased a lower reciever kit and installed it using the instructions furnished by AR15.com, which was a little confusing but I got through it. I bought an ACE 6 position stock. So far I got 150.00 bucks into the complete lower. I am looking at upper recievers and was wondering if anyone has any input on uppers. I found an sp1 reciever for 300.00 complete but I really dont want a carry handle permanetly attached.

Since the lowere is a colt should I stick with a colt upper or is there something better out there. Also the lower has the big hole at the pivot point. Is the larger hole gonna cause any problems??

Iwas thinking of an a3 reciever and an 11.5 barrel with the flash suppesor. And if I go with this barrel does it have to be welded and pinned or just together.

I have noticed that the reciever is in need of recoating the finish, who does it and how much does it cost.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:00:58 AM EDT
i ahve read in many posts and viewed some atf webpages and found that the barrel has to be 16 inches at least but if you use a shorter barrel the fake can or fake suppressor or flash hider needs to be permantly attached as for the recoating of the lower id say goto wall mart get a can of gukote or my favorite is durakote which is sprayed on then baked in the oven on low for an hour or 2 and you can do that yourself
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:48:08 AM EDT
Top Top