Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 1:06:25 PM EST
Ok this is what I had in mind....take a postban 20inch barrel, cut it to 18inch and thread. Daniel Defense 12.0. Flattop with an ACOG. This is going on a bushmaster lower with a KAC 2 stage trigger.

Now my questions...

Gasblock. I want the gas block to be a shaved one. WIll the DD hide it or will it be just at the end? What is the best gas block to use in this situation? If it does show then I guess something like the PRI with the flip up front site would be the best.

Barrel...will cutting the barrel affect anything? I am probably gonna send it out to ADCO and have them do it professionally.

ANything else you guys can think of? I figured I could pick up a postban 20inch barrel on the cheap right now and save some cash. Ranges I will be shooting at will be no more then 300 yards, and using mostly 22grn m193 with some black hills heavier stuff thrown in.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:24:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:02:36 PM EST
Thanks for the fast reply chen...just to clarify...will the tube cover the gas block or will it be just exposed?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:48:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:12:55 PM EST
If you want an SPRish appearance (that's what it seems you're going for), then the PRI front flip-up sight would do the trick too. The best part is, it will probably cost you less than a rail mounted front sight with a PRI low-profile gas block and look much cleaner (at least in my opinion). For 500 yards, you might want to consider a scope instead of an ACOG. Nothing against the ACOG, you just can get more magnification out of a normal scope. For $400, you can pick up a Bushnell 4200 series, get a true SPR scope with Leupold Mark 4 for around $850, or spend more than your gun's worth and get a Nightforce, US Optics, Zeiss, etc.
Top Top