Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/18/2012 10:46:39 PM EST
Like the subject states. Should I get a 5.56 predatar 16" or build something of my own. The value of the Predatar seems pretty good considering what it comes with. What would you guys do in that price range?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:06:29 PM EST
If you don't wanna dick around with a "hobby gun", get in line for the LaRue PredatAR.

Just kidding!!! No seriously, I would get in line.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:28:31 AM EST
Get a Colt or a BCM.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:32:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By wetidlerjr:
Get a Coltnoveske or a BCM.

I agree
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:34:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By lowonair:
Get a Coltnoveske or a BCM.

I agree

He he he...

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:36:13 AM EST
All of the above.
Building one can be great but BCM, LaRue, and Noveske are great too.

I enjoyed building mine and you get the option to do everything exactly how you want it
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:54:54 AM EST
Originally Posted By Islandboy671:
If you don't wanna dick around with a "hobby gun", get in line for the LaRue PredatAR.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:06:03 AM EST
It depends.

have you built your own before? If you have, then go with the laRue. If not, I would build one. My first AR I built myself and have no regrets. Aero lower with a BCM upper.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:13:06 AM EST
Get in line for the PredatAR...you will not regret it! While waiting on LaRue, build yourself a budget/hobby rifle!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:23:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/19/2012 5:31:34 AM EST by Finslayer83]
Get a Colt or a BCM.

Daniel Defense

you can even build your own and it ships fast too

ETA: for a similar price you can get thus:

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:27:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By Constant_Impingement:
Get in line for the PredatAR...you will not regret it! While waiting on LaRue, build yourself a budget/hobby rifle!

this
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:35:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/19/2012 5:41:02 AM EST by Losd]

I am actually in the process of building a super high end dedicated .22 plinker out of a Noveske mur upper/gen 2 lower, nsr 13.5. cmmg barrel/bolt etc. I just know I'm going to wanna go the 5.56 route. I was going to just get a noveske complete 5.56 upper and put it on my lower, but for not much more I can get a complete Predatar rifle.

I see one hang up tho. I am without a credit card right now and have been paying cash/money order on my current build so I don't know if I can get in the queue or not. Not sure how flexible LaRue is on payment options
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:45:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/19/2012 5:47:23 AM EST by Constant_Impingement]
Originally Posted By Losd:

I am actually in the process of building a super high end dedicated .22 plinker out of a Noveske mur upper/gen 2 lower, nsr 13.5. cmmg barrel/bolt etc. I just know I'm going to wanna go the 5.56 route. I was going to just get a noveske complete 5.56 upper and put it on my lower, but for not much more I can get a complete Predatar rifle.

I see one hang up tho. I am without a credit card right now and have been paying cash/money order on my current build so I don't know if I can get in the queue or not. Not sure how flexible LaRue is on payment options

no money is required upon order...save your money at home, once they call and the rifle is ready, y'all can come to agreements on payment options then.

edit; they may require a credit card to be put on hold. So your thinking may be correct. call them, its worth a shot.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:21:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By shadow7874:
All of the above.
Building one can be great but BCM, LaRue, and Noveske are great too.

I enjoyed building mine and you get the option to do everything exactly how you want it

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:46:23 AM EST

This is my first post. I elected to go the route of ordering a LaRue and waiting. I placed an order on Sat and now have a few months to research optics.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:50:17 AM EST
larue will not dissapoint.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:12:18 AM EST
I'm building my own using a Larue PredatAR 18" barrel as the foundation of my build.

So far I have:

Colt flat top (no m4 cuts)
Noveske NSR 13.5 (should be here this week)
BCM Bolt carrier/Larue bolt
Spikes lower on order
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:26:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
I'm building my own using a Larue PredatAR 18" barrel as the foundation of my build.

So far I have:

Colt flat top (no m4 cuts)
Noveske NSR 13.5 (should be here this week)
BCM Bolt carrier/Larue bolt
Spikes lower on order

What barrel are you using? Where did you buy it?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:31:38 AM EST
Like the subject states. Should I get a 5.56 predatar 16" or build something of my own. The value of the Predatar seems pretty good considering what it comes with. What would you guys do in that price range?

As much as I love Larue's products, I'd build. Then again, I've built a bunch of ARs, and they've turned out well and shoot straight. I wouldn't recommend a high-end precision build as a first build. You can't go wrong with the Larue. You can screw up the build.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:50:05 AM EST
Just got into the queue. They are flexible on my payment options so that's cool. I make payment towards the end of the process correct? Or does it take them a while to build it once it's paid. I figure once you finally pay it would be a fast process but I could be wrong.

In the mean time I have my noveske .22 dedicated build to keep me busy
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:59:35 AM EST
Just got into the queue. They are flexible on my payment options so that's cool. I make payment towards the end of the process correct? Or does it take them a while to build it once it's paid. I figure once you finally pay it would be a fast process but I could be wrong.

Good for you.

I love my Colt's but think very highly of LaRue products.

What lead time did they give you?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:47:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/19/2012 1:48:36 PM EST by C5Longhorn]

I don't think you are charged until it's built. I called and that is what I was told today, that my card wouldn't be charged until it's built. As far as lead times, I was told minimum 4 months, could be more or less, but plan on at least 4 months.

Rick
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:59:52 PM EST
Noveske Rogue Hunter...roughly the same price, and you're not stuck with proprietary receivers and rail (you could change handguards later if you want).
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:47:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By ColdBlood:
Noveske Rogue Hunter...roughly the same price, and you're not stuck with proprietary receivers and rail (you could change handguards later if you want).

Thats part of the reason I want the LaRue. That handguard system is smexy
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:04:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 4:08:30 AM EST by Techna]
On the CC payment deal, I wonder if you could just go buy a small Visa "gift card" and use that for your CC# when you get in the order queue? If that'll work, you can then save your money, dump it into a pre paid Visa and change your payment option when your PredatAR nears completion. As far as the actual PredatAR goes, you will NOT want to ever change that hand guard as another post suggested. I like mine so much, I attempted to duplicate it on my 9mm. Came pretty close too!

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:12:17 AM EST
Larue. Costa Edition.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:06:50 AM EST
Costa edition aka $3000 dollar edition
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:11:25 PM EST
Looks like it is back to the drawing board. Just got a call from the dude at LaRue. He forgot that if I am in California I have to get the Predatar through a shop here in town. And I would have to pay tax on top of it which would be around another 150 or so. I think that makes it a little less appealing. Went from being a pretty good bargain, to not really as much. What would you guys do?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:44:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By wagonwheel1:
Originally Posted By Islandboy671:

Did I miss a shit storm over the "hobby gun" comment? If so, could y'all direct me as to where to find it?
Top Top