Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:31:12 PM EDT
Nothing like getting together with your best friends on a nice day and building up some ARs.  Thanks to Coz_45 for the lowers.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice pictures!  On a similar note, one of these days a long time from now (or when I magically win the sweepstakes) I'm going to build a complete lower from scratch.  It seems like a good experience to learn the inner workings of one's rifle.

Nice dog, by the way.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
While this is still fresh in your mind, what, if any, special tools did you use on the lower????

I have 10 of them I need to do at some point.   I hope you didn't have to pay $69 for those LPK.  

Thanks,
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
how did u install the gas tube ? first the larue then you slide the FSB ?
just wondering for my next build
thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
how did u install the gas tube ? first the larue then you slide the FSB ?
just wondering for my next build
thanks

Larue goes on, then the tube goes in the FSB, then pin it, then you put the FSB back on.  That's my friend Fred working on his Colt in the pic.

Here he is playing with it for the first time after the install.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:52:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Job well done
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:10:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Very nice! I'm jealous of the LT7.0. I'm still waiting on two of them
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I am glad to see Ronnie, errrrr, thumper finally got off his ass and posted some pic's.  He's got a bunch he's just sitting on.

Exocet,
Hardest part of the job was pounding out the pins for the FSB.  You really got to whack'em.  I also ended up having to do it twice because I reinstalled the FSB and couldnt' get to the gas tube. If you do the same kind of FF install, make sure you re-pin the gas tube to the FSB before reinstalling the FSB onto the barrel.  Then YOU won't have to do it twice.  had
Also, tape up your FSB and any other parts that may be in the line of fire of your brass punch/hammer.  It will minimize the scarring.  We escaped with minimal damage to the exterior of the Colt. he
Fred
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Also, the receiver block we used had some material removed via dremel to facilitate the Larue.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top