Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2007 5:30:58 PM EDT
Need help, would like to put together a lightweight compact AR that is able to hit MOA at 100 through 500 yrds., range available on private property.  Question, do I build a lightweight BM 14.5 by adding a rail, 2 stg. trigger, sights, ect. or purchase the 14.5 POF?  I have experience with the BM and like the lightweight feel and swing of its 14.5 and on the flip side I have no experience with the POF as in weight/ballance/feel,, only reading reviews all of which seem to be extremely good in everything.  The only con I have read is the POF is a bit on the heavy side?  In short looking for the lightest, compact , highly accurate AR I can get or build?  Regards, all assistance will be greatly valued.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#1]
forgot to add, my problem with the BM is the front williams sight is in the way for a flat top scope mount as the POF has a removable or folding sight?  additionally I can get the stock BM rifle for approx. 900.  Regards.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I am building a similar gun right now.  I am using:
14.5 M4 profile barrel chrome lined
YHM rail a
YHM rear flip sight
Cavalry Arms Polymer Stock
RRA 2 stage trigger.

w/ possible leupold 1-4x or 2-7 w/ QD rings
I'll let you know when the rest of parts get here later in the week.
I hope to shoot out to 500 yrds with it, but still be nice and light for lugging around the woods here hunting.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
very nice, what type of scope/mount are you going to use?  I am somewhat new to the AR so I am trying to gather all the info/experience from others I can get.  Going to call trijicon today and see if their ACOG's shoot any differend from a flat rail or up on the carry handle?  If it will effect 100 200 300... yrd shooting?  
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#4]
very nice, what type of scope/mount are you going to use?  I am somewhat new to the AR so I am trying to gather all the info/experience from others I can get.  Going to call trijicon today and see if their ACOG's shoot any differend from a flat rail or up on the carry handle?  If it will effect 100 200 300... yrd shooting?  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top