Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2005 8:43:43 PM EDT
Hello,
I have been doing some research into building an AR-15, and have started by purchasing a Lauer Custom Weaponry (LMT-right?) stripped lower and parts kit.  I have put them together with the help of this website--thanks very much!  It was my first time, I dinged it a little installing the roll pins, but not badly.  (I taped it off, but apparently my tape wasn't good enough)  It won't happen next time!

I am wondering if my LCW lower will accept any uppers--CMT,  RRA, etc. or just LMT?

If it accepts other brands, how close is the finish? I have seen major variations in blackness and would like to get something close.  It doesnt have to be perfect, but I dont want it to look like crap either.

I am particularily interested in Rock River Arms and Stag Arms upper assemblies, but will certainly take other recommendations.  I'm in no hurry either, so waiting weeks is easily an option.

Thanks for the fantastic website, and I will be sure to post pics of my rifle when its done!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard!

Lauer is not LMT. LMT stands for Lewis Machine and Tool. A different manufacturer.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
cruise the equipment exchange AR15 Parts New Uppers
see the vendors in the Industry section, Eagle Firarms, Dennys Guns, Legal Tranfers, CMMG they all have good websites
Stag, RRA, LMT all good
and you can't go wrong with J&T or Delton as suppliers either
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am wondering if my LCW lower will accept any uppers--CMT,  RRA, etc. or just LMT?

Most uppers will mate with your Lauer lower without problem.

I am particularily interested in Rock River Arms and Stag Arms upper assemblies, but will certainly take other recommendations.  I'm in no hurry either, so waiting weeks is easily an option.

The brands you mentioned are used by a lot of the members on the board and I have not heard anything "bad" about them.

Thanks for the fantastic website, and I will be sure to post pics of my rifle when its done!

Yup! We'll be waiting for that!

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Lauer is not LMT. LMT stands for Lewis Machine and Tool. A different manufacturer. hr

I am aware of that, but I was under the impression that Lauer lowers were made by LMT...?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#5]
oh yeah go CHROME LINED
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#6]
LMT's finish will match well with RRA. I have a Rock River Arms lower and an LMT upper and they match perfectly. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#7]
It is my understanding that Lauer is indeed made by LMT.  Much the same way that Stag and RRA are made by CMT.

As to color match, sorry I can't help you there.

Seydou
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top