Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/16/2006 10:46:10 PM EDT
Hey, I'm looking to start building my own AR and I want to pick up all the tools I will need BEFORE I start to work. What tools do I need and where can I get them? I was looking at the armorers kits on Bushy's website. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:43:31 PM EDT
You are building the entire rifle?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:46:28 PM EDT
I have found the DPMS barel wrench to be very good and I would also recomend their upper reciever block, you need these two tools at a minimum. You could make a block but they aren't that expensive. The rest of the stuff you should have already; small lightweight hammer, a good vice, punch set,etc.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:25:03 AM EDT
If you're talking building from a stripped lower and a pre-built upper , just household tools would do good. I assembled my m1s kit with a $9 walmart vise and a pair of needle nosed pliers.......And yes , it holds about 1/2 MOA with match ammo :D
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:27:53 AM EDT
Action block set, armorers wrench, punch set, rawhide mallet(any hammer will suffice, I just prefer rawhide for punches), flat head screw driver, wheel bearing grease, and a SOLIDLY mounted vice.

I got the M1S action block set(2 piece) and armorers wrench from Bravo Company:

http://bravocompanyusa.com/Page5.html

If you don't have punches, may as well pick them up here also...

They are good folks, nice to deal with and they go above and beyond.
Top Top