Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2003 6:04:43 PM EDT
The nut turns counter clockwise to loosen,right.And will a junk mag be strong enough to hold it in the vise if i dont want to wait for a vise block.My VLTOR is due this friday.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#1]
left = right [;D]

is the nut staked in place?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont have a clue.what do i look for?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Clockwise to loosen, counterclockwise to tighten.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe Raptor is incorrect. Righty tighty, lefty loosey.

Notack meant: on Colt carbines, they would stake a small amount of metal of the Receiver End Plate, to interfer with the Receiver Extension Nut. Both type of Colt Receiver Extension Nuts (old and new style) have a little cut-out. so the "staked" material from the Receiver End Plate would protrude into the Nut's cut-out notch. Colt then would dab a small amount of Black epoxy paint on the freshly stated surface to eliminate the possiblity of corrosion.

If staked, you may have to "Dremel" the nut, to relieve the locking contact.

If not staked, just lubricate and apply force counter-clockwise.

I never used a magazine to hold the receiver in a vice, I usually use a soft jaw vice set-up, which I use leather gloves and padding to clamp down on the receiver.

Good Luck,

ls
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:19:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Mine is staked.Thanks lordstoner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top