Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2003 7:29:47 AM EDT
I am sure I have read this before on this forum,but have done a search and cannot find anything. I want to replace the standard A2 recoil buffer spring with something quieter. That BOING is just driving me crazy. What are my options for an AR15 and for an AR10, which is even worse.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#1]
The fix for a noisy buffer spring is very simple. Just grease it. A few finger tips of a thick grease will do just fine. I have done it to all of my highpower AR's.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Learn to love it, it part of the sound the M16/AR15 makes.  Grease is a dirt magnet so you get less noise and more maintenance problems.

Seriously I don't even hear the spring anymore unless it sounds different, alerting me that something different happened.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
For me, I have no bong while using the Wolff REDUCED Power Action Spring.

[url]http://gunsprings.com/1ndex.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't there some sort of buffer tube assembly replacement that is more a gas piston that the big spring?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top