Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/11/2004 9:57:12 AM EST
Hey folks,
While I was a t the range yesterday, a guy let me try his Bushy M-4. It was fun to shoot, but I noticed that the butt stock was making a sound like a kids pogo stick. It was loud and kind of annoying. I assume this was the recoil spring and I was wondering if all AR's do this. I'll be building a CAR-15 in the near future (soon as the parts come) and this kind of concerns me. Anybody else have this problem?
Thanks
John
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:00:45 AM EST
it's not a problem. yes all ARs do this.
if you don't like it (i don't) pull the buffer and put a dab of grease inside the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:18:58 PM EST
Did it sound like "sproing-yoing-yoing-yoing"? That rifle is about to kaboom, you should give it to me for proper disposal.

Seriously, they all do this. Get used to it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:27:55 AM EST
I replaced the stock RRA action spring with a Wolff XP action spring (just for the heck of it) and it doesn't make a BOING-BOING sound.

The way I shoot, my ear is sort of close/against the buttstock so I can hear what's going on - it makes a spring sound as the bolt is moving around but its tight and not a loose spring sound.

Make sure the spring is properly seated with the buffer itself (the spring should clip onto the buffer quite tightly).

When I got the chance to play with some M16A2s and M16A1s, I could easily pull back the charging handle. With my AR-15, there's more force required probably due to the new spring and I like it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:48:25 AM EST
SPROING is GOOD.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:30:56 AM EST
Thanks, I won't worry about it then.
John
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:11:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By FALARAK:
SPROING is GOOD.

Top Top