Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2009 8:08:18 PM EDT
Im thinking about installing a H2 Buffer in my Bushmaster this weekend. I heard it will help with accuracy  and its easier on the wear of the bolt carrier. I heard a rumor that the H2 buffer will change the direction of the shell ejection. Right now the shell is ending up at about the 140 degree range.Will it change?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]
It may shoot a little softer.

If it runs good now there is no reason to change it.

Brass location may also have more to do with your extractor and spring than the buffer.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Brass location may also have more to do with your extractor and spring than the buffer.

Its hitting the deflector prerty hard. Im finding brass on the deflector after I shoot. Its a new rifle, ive shot 60 rounds threw it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
thats normal.

put a strip of velcro on the deflector if you don't want it marked.

it should lay the brass at about the 5-oclock position to you on the ground.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its hitting the deflector prerty hard. Im finding brass on the deflector after I shoot. Its a new rifle, ive shot 60 rounds threw it.

Normal.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Installing a H-buffer changes the timing on the weapon.  Depending on what you are shooting and what your rig is, you may see little to no difference or you will start to get feed problems. The buffer should just kiss the back, if you think its slamming, yes get a H-buffer to slow the BCG down.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top