Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/8/2004 10:05:32 AM EST
What is the best tool and way to remove a A2 buttstock buffer tube, I cant get the damn thing off. Please Help
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:28:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By repub18:
What is the best tool and way to remove a A2 buttstock buffer tube, I cant get the damn thing off. Please Help

+1

I'm sure I'll have this question in a few days too
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:30:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 10:39:32 AM EST by M4-guy]
The rear of the tube has a spot with flats to use with an open ended wrench (or amorer's tool, if you have one). I can't remember the size, maybe 3/4"??? Wrap your lower in a bunch of old rags and put it in your vise. Clamp down firmly but not too much. (Or use a lower receiver block.) Attach the wrench and turn counterclockwise. Once you've loosened it, remove everything from the vise and slowly unscrew the tube, watching for the buffer detent and spring that will fly across the room if you don't catch them.

Getting ready for Monday, huh?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:34:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4-guy:
The rear of the tube has a spot with flats to use with an open ended wrench (or amorer's tool, if you have one). I can't remember the size, maybe 3/4"??? Wrap your lower in a bunch of old rags and put it in your vise. Clamp down firmly but not too much. Attach the wrench and turn counterclockwise. Once you've loosened it, remove everything from the vise and slowly unscrew the tube, watching for the buffer detent and spring that will fly across the room if you don't catch them.

yepper
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:04:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 12:04:53 PM EST by Lon_Moer]
Dircetions are at the bottom of this page; ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:43:47 PM EST

The rear of the tube has a spot with flats to use with an open ended wrench (or amorer's tool, if you have one). I can't remember the size, maybe 3/4"???

If you don't have an armorers wrench use a 5/8" open ended wrench...

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:36:13 PM EST
I just use a crescent wrench and have had no problems getting the tube off.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:53:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By repub18:

The rear of the tube has a spot with flats to use with an open ended wrench (or amorer's tool, if you have one). I can't remember the size, maybe 3/4"??? Wrap your lower in a bunch of old rags and put it in your vise. Clamp down firmly but not too much. Attach the wrench and turn counterclockwise. Once you've loosened it, remove everything from the vise and slowly unscrew the tube, watching for the buffer detent and spring that will fly across the room if you don't catch them.

yepper

+1

Thanks for the info guys!
Top Top