Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 1:43:48 AM EDT
Sorry if this is a silly boob question, but I keep going back and forth in my mind on this one.

Is the type of buffer spring and the weigth of the buffer tied only to the length of the stock?  IE carbine spring and buffer for adjustable stocks and rifle spring and buffer for full-size stocks?

Or, is the type of gas system a factor as well?

If the latter, what setup would I use for a mid-length gas system with an adjustable stock?

TIA for all answers/thoughts/comments.

-Frank
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The buffer spring is tied to the stock length -- carbine or rifle.  The weight of the buffer shouldn't matter, but some report better cycle rate with a heavier buffer in carbines/M4-length.  

I run a CMT carbine stock w/H-buffer and M16 carrier in my mid-length Sabre upper and have never had as much as a hiccup.  I have no doubt that a rifle buffer would run the same, although I haven't done it yet.  I'm waiting on an A1 sling swivel screw so I can try it on my new lower w/A1 stock!
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#2]
On my 14.5" mid-length I run the VLTOR stock with the carbine spring and the H3 buffer.  That is a winning combination for me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top