Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2004 6:47:06 PM EDT
Ok, here it goes....

I was putting my new No-ban 6-position collapsible stock on a few days ago and in the process the pin that holds the buffer spring assy back while the rifle is field striped popped straight out. That is it self was not a big deal I removed the old spring and stock and installed the new one. The problem was that after the buffer was re-assembled and the buffer retaining pin in place I pushed back on the buffer and the damn spring pushes the retaining pin straight up! The Pin is no longer 'captive' per say. As long as the buffer spring has tension on the pin its fine but when the buffer spring is compressed ( as it would when the bolt carrier cycles) it pops up.

Any ideas on how to work out this problem?
I don't want to shoot it until I can fix this.

TIA for any help!

JIM
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe i'm reading it wrong, but is your buffer tube screwed in far enough, to where it's holding down the buffer retainer?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
that shouldn't be possible if you installed the buffer tube and the buffer detent correctly.  the buffertube should be over the buffer stop detent, preventing it from "poping straight up".
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
FIXED IT!

Props to you guys who said I didn't have the buffer tube in far enough! I just figured it out and came on to post the solution!

Good deal.....now I can shoot this baby!

Thanks again Guys!

JIM
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
FIXED IT!

Props to you guys who said I didn't have the buffer tube in far enough! I just figured it out and came on to post the solution!

Good deal.....now I can shoot this baby!

Thanks again Guys!

JIM

lol anytime
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top