Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 11:42:47 AM EDT
installed a 6 position coll. stock on my AR M4(gery).  While putting it all together I noticed that the buffer sounded like it was full of pellets.  I know that some have a *little* bit of rattle from the weights inside, but this one has a lot.  

Are these things supposed to make so much noise?  When I handle the rifle it sounds like a baby rattle.  Any suggestions on something a little more quiet?

UD
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
They do have pellets... but I never heard one rattle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you get the stock?
Some cheaper Manuf use a buffer filled with shot.
Others use the correct Aluminum unit with cylinders in it they all rattle a bit but not like the shot filled ones.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the stock from CDNN and it sounds just like a loose load of 00 buck in there... Can anyone suggest where to buy a repalcement buffer that is not a toy rattle?  

TIA,
UD
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top